Traffic Manager (12 month contract, full or part-time)
Job type: 12-month contract (with potential to go permanent). Available for full-time or part-time applicants.
Location: Currently remote/flexible working, but requires ability for ad hoc travel to central London, as/when feasible again.
Salary: Depending on skills and experience.
Longitude is a B2B thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a skilled and dedicated Traffic Manager that enjoys working on collaborative creative projects, is highly organised, and experienced in resource management.
You will use your traffic management skills and expertise to help manage and assign the flow of work and tasks within our projects, with a particular focus on our design products and team. You’d help to manage a portfolio of projects at all stages of the project lifecycle, while maintaining effective resource management of our design team. As part of this, you’ll ensure priorities are clearly set and relevant teams and individuals are well briefed and supported.
To be a successful candidate, you will be switched on, digitally-focussed and energetic to keep pace with our design and delivery team. A natural people-person, you’ll also be self-motivated and work closely with our project management team, to be aware of every project and their design requirements and tasks. You’ll be able to take a brief and then map out the design tasks for each project, creating a weekly design schedule for teams, and then adapting it on the fly to meet changing client and team requirements and availability.
The ideal candidate will be calm, quick and collected and able to review incoming client amends, and make sense of them and collate them for the team as needed. You’re confident and know when to ask questions, you’re a positive and proactive problem-solver, and an excellent communicator. We’d welcome direct experience of 10,000 Ft as a resource management tool too, but most important is that you bring direct experience of prior resource/traffic tools.
- Take direct responsibility for planning and organising design production schedules.
- Assess and manage project and resource requirements internally, while helping commission and manage external design resources when required.
- Ensuring we balance workloads appropriately across the internal and external team, to ensure individuals aren’t overloaded, or under capacity.
- Work with internal teams across the business to ensure that all design and digital deliverables within a wider project campaign are delivered accurately and on time.
- Help assess and consolidate client feedback where needed, to determine how these can be optimally addressed.
- Coordinate closely with our resource manager, to support wider resource management above and beyond the design function.
Skills and experience
- At least 2–3 years experience in traffic managing creative work and managing stakeholders;
- Experience in forward planning and forecasting resource requirements during peak periods;
- Strong organisational and collaboration skills;
- Excellent communication skills, with experience in trafficking ;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, whilst remaining adaptable;
- Familiarity with SmartSheet, Slack, Trello and Power-Ups (such as Team Gantt), while strong experience with scheduling/resource management software is essential;
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work at pace.
If this sounds like you, please get in contact with us now, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.