Longitude is looking to recruit a skilled and enthusiastic Project Manager to join its fast-growing, dynamic team. Reporting into our Project Director, you will be working in a fast-moving environment and combine your top-notch project management and organisational skills with an ability to be flexible and think on your feet. You will have excellent communication skills, and enjoy liaising with our B2B clients, external suppliers and internal team members.
Overview of the role
You will take a leading role in communicating with clients, partners, suppliers and the internal team, to make sure information is communicated in a timely manner and that deadlines are met. You’ll maintain and execute our existing internal project management processes and work very closely with our research and editorial teams to do so. You’ll be expected to use your position as project manager to directly influence your project in terms of profitability, client satisfaction, and management of the overall project timeline. You’ll also help to implement new processes and systems to help the business to scale up and be more efficient.
Skill and experience required
The ideal candidate will:
• Have excellent organisational and project management skills (specialist project management training or expertise is beneficial but not essential)
• Have at least 2 years of project management (or similar) experience
• Be a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, with good client-facing skills. Be comfortable and confident leading meetings and calls
• Demonstrate an ability to manage complex, challenging projects, using relevant techniques, tools and processes
• Be proactive in identifying and tackling areas where the Project Manager can materially assist the business
• Feel comfortable in juggling multiple projects, stakeholders, and tasks, while ensuring that key milestones are on track
• Have some experience in working with project budgets/P&Ls
A candidate with experience in an editorial/publishing background would be an advantage, but not essential
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is majority owned by the Financial Times Group. Longitude’s product offering spans three areas: Advisory, a set of services that helps clients to plan and execute effective and differentiated thought leadership campaigns; Research, which encompasses surveys, interview programmes, data modelling and desk research; and Content, which covers multi-format thought leadership campaigns, spanning reports, articles, opinion pieces, visual and interactive content.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.