Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is majority owned by the Financial Times Group. Longitude’s product offering spans three areas: Advisory, a set of services that helps clients to plan and execute effective and differentiated thought leadership campaigns; Research, which encompasses surveys, interview programmes, data modelling and desk research; and Content, which covers multi-format thought leadership campaigns, spanning reports, articles, opinion pieces, visual and interactive content.
We believe that working at Longitude is more than just a job. We work hard to build and maintain a strong, engaging culture that motivates and inspires our team to do great work, learn new things and develop their careers.
• Put quality at the heart of everything we do
• Meet our clients’ objectives every time
• Collaborate and support each other to achieve better outcomes
• Be transparent and open with each other
• Embrace and drive positive change
• Think commercially at all times
• Be proactive and creative
Overview of the role and key requirements:
Longitude is now looking to hire a project director, to help lead and manage our team of project managers as we seek to scale up the business. This role will also manage a number of thought leadership research projects directly, while overseeing a wider portfolio of projects across the business. In addition, you will help deliver a step change in our overall KPIs around on-time and on-budget delivery.
• Overseeing the management of Longitude’s projects to ensure that our target KPIs are met (delivery to time, and to budget), while maintaining high standards of customer service.
• Managing and leading our team of project managers (PMs), who are instrumental in the delivery of our thought leadership projects.
• Proactively contributing new ideas to the way we work, and assisting with the implementation of new processes and systems to help Longitude’s fast- growing business scale up and be more efficient.
• Working collaboratively with the wider delivery team (both internally and externally), with Longitude’s clients, and with our Chief Delivery Officer (CDO).
• Maintaining regular and timely communication with clients across a portfolio of projects, especially in terms of expectation management.
• Expert coordination of complex projects is a critical success factor for this role, while exercising firm but fair client management.
This role reports to Longitude’s CDO.
Your key skills and experience:
• Experienced manager and team leader, with a proven track record of helping to develop and get the most out of your teams.
• Solid track record in client-facing roles, especially with agency or professional services environments.
• Comfortable taking ownership for KPIs around on-time delivery and project profitability and reporting on this to senior management.
• Experienced practitioner of state-of-the-art PM techniques, such as agile.
• Knowledge of thought leadership research and/or content a major benefit, especially any experience of survey-based research.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment, including a willingness to embrace and implement change.
• Familiar with a range of PM systems and project delivery tools (experience of systems such as Kimble or FinancialForce an advantage).
• Strong people management skills, able to raise the game of the PM team and maintain the ambitions of the top performers.
• Experience in mentoring team members, to help develop and instill a commercial mindset among the PM team.
• Ability to analyse and diagnose operational performance data and MI.
• Proven ability to plan and oversee complex research and/or editorial projects and processes in a fast-moving agency environment.
• Presentation of operational metrics to senior management and explaining the rationale and drivers of performance against objectives.
• Identifying oportunities for operational performance improvement; and articulate the need for change in a commercially compelling way.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to clients, especially around expectation management.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills.
• Energy and a can-do attitude.
• Manage the PM team.
• Formulate a plan for step change improvement in operational metrics.
• Strip out/eliminate unnecessary process, to simplify project delivery.
• Oversee project reporting, using our PM processes and tools.
• Develop and maintain dashboard of operational metrics.
• On time project delivery.
• Project P&L performance.
• Client satisfaction.
• High standard of communication with your colleagues.
• Contribution to innovation.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.