Location: Holborn, Central London
Salary: £21,000 to £23,000 (pro-rated if less than 35 hours)
Job Type: Permanent, Pro-rated or Full time. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or another agreed arrangement.
Longitude is looking for the jobholder to work between 28-35 hours per week. We are, however flexible with how these hours and days are worked and would also consider applicants looking for part-time roles. Please include your desired hours/days of work within a covering letter accompanying your CV.
Longitude is a market-leading agency delivering research, content and thought leadership services to our blue-chip clients around the world. The company is expanding rapidly and has recently become part of the Financial Times Group. To facilitate this growth, we are now hiring for a role to help support our busy team.
We are looking for a highly organised Office Assistant with experience of working in a busy environment, ideally within an agency setting.
You will support the Office Manager in the smooth day-to-day running of the office and other administrative functions for the wider team as required.
The role requires strong administrative and interpersonal skills, impeccable attention to detail, a proactive approach at all times and the ability to prioritise workload while juggling multiple tasks. Reporting to our Office Manager, you will enjoy working in a fast-moving, collaborative environment and have an ambition to be an active and collaborative member of a rapidly growing team. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a strong benefits package to accompany this.
Tasks and activities include:
• Field incoming calls and emails and general external enquiries
• Greet clients and visitors and welcome them to the office as required
• Sort, scan and distribute incoming post
• Update and maintain internal and external documents
• Help to organise and maintain shared office areas
• Procure office supplies/equipment as needed
• Create and maintain information in our various office admin databases
• Provide administrative support to our management team
• Organise travel, including booking accommodation, flights and other reservations for the wider team, as required
• Help to co-ordinate company and team events (both corporate and social)
• Help to finalise, sign and securely store client contracts in the absence of the office manager
• Use LinkedIn and other recruitment tools to help with our hiring needs
• Help set up interviews by booking time in with candidates and meeting rooms
• Work with our third-party partners supplying services to the team, and support the office manager to foster strong relationships to ensure these partnerships perform effectively for the business
The ideal candidate will have:
• A proven background as a PA, office assistant or administrator
• The ability to maintain confidentiality with access to sensitive information and correspondence
• A warm personality with strong communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
• The willingness to be accountable for delivering solutions, and to work independently
• A good level of knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and reassess priorities, often at short notice
• An eagerness to embark on personal development, educational and training opportunities as required
We would also like someone who holds the following values:
• Put quality at the heart of everything we do
• Meet our clients’ objectives every time
• Collaborate and support each other to achieve better outcomes
• Be transparent and open with each other
• Embrace and drive positive change
• Think commercially at all times
• Be proactive and creative
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.