Inside Sales Development Executive
Longitude is a fast-growing thought leadership specialist that is majority owned by the Financial Times Group. Longitude’s product offering spans three areas: Advisory, a set of services that helps clients to plan and execute effective and differentiated thought leadership campaigns; Research, which encompasses surveys, interview programmes, data modelling and desk research; and Content, which covers multi-format thought leadership campaigns, spanning reports, articles, opinion pieces, visual and interactive content. Our clients include a wide range of blue-chip corporate clients, primarily in professional services, financial services and technology.
We are now looking for a highly motivated and dedicated inside sales development executive (with exceptional new business development skills) to manage and grow new relationships with key-buyers of thought leadership across the global technology & industrials*practice, and will play a key role in helping drive the next phase of our global growth.
*industrials – defined as construction & infrastructure, energy, utilities, industrial services, ports & supporting logistics, manufacturing.
Reporting to the Commercial Director of our Technology & Industrials Practice, you will enjoy working in a fast-moving, dynamic agency environment and be comfortable handling a variety of clients, projects and topics. You will excel at building rapport with top executives, typically senior marketing professionals at leading B2B organisations. The role requires excellent outbound calling and the ability to communicate Longitude’s offering quickly and effectively. You will have the tenacity, drive and commercial insight required to grow our business with some of the World’s biggest companies.
You must have a proven track record of using outbound-calling techniques to generate new business development opportunities (meetings and scheduled calls) and be able to demonstrate a hungry approach to opening up new and profitable relationships.
You will be supported by a highly experienced team with editorial and research expertise, a proven suite of products and services, and the backing of one of the most respected brands in business. We offer a highly competitive salary and performance bonuses based on your ability to produce meetings and opportunities with qualified buyers. There is also a strong benefits package that includes private healthcare.
Inside Sales Representative Responsibilities
• Sourcing new sales opportunities through mix of marketing-qualified leads follow-up and outbound calls and emails to target companies and prospects
• Understanding customer needs and requirements (against our qualification templates)
• Routing qualified opportunities (meetings and scheduled calls) to the appropriate sales executives (BDs, Commercial Director, Founder) for further development and closure
• Developing new relationships and opening up profitable business opportunities
• Taking responsibility for ensuring high levels of client service and satisfaction within your key accounts and prospects
• Supporting the management of projects across all stages of development, with a focus on meeting the clients’ marketing objectives
• Working with senior sales team on pitches and proposals across new business opportunities
• Close sales (under £50k in value) and achieve quarterly quotas
• Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest
• Maintain and expand your database of prospects within your assigned territory (tech & industrials, 50-50 split)
• Perform effective Longitude creds deck and product presentations to senior level prospects
• Proven inside sales experience
• Track record of over-achieving quota
• Strong phone presence and experience dialling 60+ calls per day
• Expert ability in scheduling meetings and calls with qualified prospects
• Proficient in presenting over web-based platforms (Google Hangout or equivalent)
• Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong listening and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of 2 years’ B2B sales experience, ideally working with clients across the technology and industrials sector (as above)
• Demonstrable experience of outbound-calling with clients in areas such as publishing, research or content marketing
• Confidence to call and arrange meetings with senior marketing executives in large B2B organisations to pitch the Longitude value proposition and discuss their needs
• Proven track record of contributing personally to arranging meetings and/or scheduled calls leading to substantial revenue growth
• Confidence to assist and present our solutions and ideas to executives in pitches and meetings
• Experience in a relevant area such as thought leadership, content marketing or B2B publishing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing
• A strong ideas person, with the ability to think creatively and innovatively
• Excellent organisational skills and a meticulous approach to project management
• An awareness of the changing B2B marketing landscape and the growing role that thought leadership content plays within this
Key performance metrics
• Ability to build strong, profitable relationships with our clients
• Generating meetings and/or scheduled calls with senior executives that meet qualification criteria
• Building a pipeline of opportunities and introducing senior sales team at the right time
• Client satisfaction based on your work, including the ability to respond positively to client feedback
• Taking the initiative by identifying and tackling tasks where you can materially assist the business
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.