Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Bracken House, 1 Friday St, London EC4M 9BT
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a skilled, passionate and dedicated Information/Creative Designer to join our dynamic, fast-growing team.
This is a new role that will appeal to anyone who understands how to translate complex information into simple and compelling intuitive visual graphics. The person in question would collaborate closely with our design team and external agencies to design social media graphics, infographics, report design, data visualisation and other content. This person will have an understanding of data visualisation and most importantly is passionate about designing great experiences tailored to brand, platform and audience. You will enjoy a client-facing role and report to the Head of Information Design.
- Take direct responsibility for designing high-end design outputs for both print and digital use.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and InDesign primarily (Sketch, XD or Invision beneficial).
- Developing and maintaining design templates and materials as we build up a library of design assets.
- Develop creative concepts, communicate these to client or PM, and see concepts through to final design deliverable aligned with guidelines and as outlined in brief upon client sign-off.
Skills and experience:
- Ability to understand quantitative and qualitative information and use it efficiently and effectively;
- Comfortable with data and spotting patterns/stories within. Able to distil complex themes into easy to understand concepts that go beyond traditional, linear infographics;
- Ability to create accurate and engaging data visualisations that organise statistics, research and other information into a cohesive story for a variety of media and channels;
- Excellent communication skills
- Manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity at once, while remaining adaptable;
- Ideally 3–5 years of relevant experience in information design and data visualisation;
- Ideally a degree in design or equivalent;
- Comfortable working independently, and delivering high quality outputs with minimal oversight;
- Comfortable in a client-facing role, within a fast-paced agency environment.
A competitive remuneration package, flexible working, access to excellent FT benefits, subsidised restaurant, career coaching and a city centre open plan office. You also get a weekly ‘working from home’ day and a high spec MacBook Pro, private healthcare, and other benefits.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.