Job type: Full-time, permanent position
Location: Currently remote/flexible working, but requires ability for ad hoc travel to central London, as/when feasible again
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a skilled, passionate and dedicated Information Designer to join our dynamic, fast-growing team.
This is a new role that will appeal to anyone who understands how to translate complex information into data visualisations that tell compelling stories, which can be readily understood by a wide range of audiences. The person in question would collaborate closely with our design team and external agencies to design immersive storytelling experiences, cutting edge data visualisations, web and mobile applications, reports, infographics and other visual assets. This person will have a keen interest in data visualisation and most importantly is passionate about designing great experiences tailored to brand, platform and audience. You will be comfortable to scope and brief a project. You will report to the Head of Information Design.
- Take direct responsibility for designing high-end design outputs for both print and digital use.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and InDesign primarily (Foleon, Sketch/Figma or XD beneficial).
- Developing and maintaining design templates and materials as we build up a library of design assets.
- Develop creative concepts, communicate these to client or PM, and see concepts through to final design deliverable aligned with guidelines and as outlined in brief upon client sign-off.
Skills and experience:
- Ability to create accurate and engaging data visualisations that organise statistics, research and other information into a cohesive story for a variety of media and channels;
- Employ a rigorous design process, and deliver to a high standard;
- Excellent communication skills, especially around capturing and communicating a brief;
- Manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity at once, while remaining adaptable;
- Ideally 3–5 years of relevant experience in information design and data visualisation;
- Ideally a degree in information design or equivalent;
- Comfortable working independently, and delivering high quality outcomes with minimal oversight;
- Comfortable in a client-facing role, within a fast-paced agency environment.
Usually we are based in the FT’s city centre HQ, overlooking St Paul’s Cathedral in London. However, we are all currently working from home and we expect that we will give the option for team members to work remotely on a continued basis moving forwards, allowing you to work flexibly. This will be with the ability for ad-hoc travel to central London, as/when feasible again.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.