Information Designer (contract)
Job type: Contract
Location: Remote working
Salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a skilled, passionate and dedicated Information Designer to join our dynamic, fast-growing team.
The person in question would collaborate closely with our design team and external agencies to design immersive storytelling experiences and report layouts. The person will have a keen interest in data visualisation and most importantly is passionate about designing great experiences tailored to brand, platform and audience. You will report to the Head of Information Design.
- Take direct responsibility for designing high-end design outputs for both print and digital.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and InDesign primarily (Sketch or XD beneficial).
- Experience in designing on Foleon.
- Developing and maintaining design templates and materials as we build up a library of design assets.
- Develop creative concepts, communicate these to client or PM, and see concepts through to final design deliverable aligned with guidelines and as outlined in brief upon client sign-off.
Skills and experience:
- Ability to understand quantitative and qualitative information and use it efficiently and effectively;
- Comfortable with data and spotting patterns/stories within. Able to distil complex themes into easy to understand concepts that go beyond traditional, linear infographics;
- Ability to create accurate and engaging data visualisations that organise statistics, research and other information into a cohesive story for a variety of media and channels;
- Talent for making the complex visually simple and easy to understand;
- Employ a rigorous design process, and deliver to a high standard;
- Excellent communication skills, especially around capturing and communicating a brief;
- Manage multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity at once, while remaining adaptable;
- Ideally 3–5 years of relevant experience in information design or equivalent;
- Ideally a degree in information design or equivalent;
- Comfortable working independently, and delivering high quality outcomes with minimal oversight.
Remote working, very flexible, varying contract levels available for the right candidate.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.