Freelance Visual/UI Designer (Project-based contracting, Remote, UK Office Hours)
Freelance Visual/UI Designer (project-based contracting)
Job type: Project-based contracting
Location: Remote working (UK office hours)
Longitude is a B2B thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to expand our roster of design specialists to add freelancers with strong experience in designing content-rich web pages that bring together text, imagery, charts, video and audio in compelling ways that engage readers.
This role would collaborate closely with our Information Design team to help design modern web and mobile sites. As part of this, you’ll help to design compelling interfaces that engage readers and draw them into the content. The web pages we create for our clients are mostly created on a SaaS content publishing platform called Foleon, with charts from Infogram, so do not typically require coding or custom HTML expertise, although awareness of what the technical requirements would be in bringing a web design to life is important. You would collaborate with our information design team on how best to bring any data to life within your designs
Here are the key requirements we’d be looking for in a freelancer:
- First and foremost, we are looking for strong expertise and experience in bringing a mix of content and visual assets to life on a web page, rather than web coding/development skills.
- You will be a specialist in tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision or similar, using these to create effective concepts, wireframes, and ultimately pixel-perfect representations of what a compelling site should look like.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with the client’s brand guidelines, while still finding opportunities to show your creativity.
- Ideally, you would also be able to advise on a recommended site map/structure and relevant user journeys that align with a client’s overall campaign goals.
- Designing sample pages, including colour and fonts.
- Experience with Foleon and Infogram would be useful, but it is not a specific requirement for this role.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
For any interested freelancers, we’d expect to review your portfolio of designed web pages, especially focussing on any content-rich sites (as much of our output includes written content and charts), along with examples of how the initial concept and wireframe was mapped out. We’d like to understand your process for how you share and conceptualize creative ideas with clients, plus how you’ve worked with the teams creating that content to refine and optimise it for the web.
If this sounds like you, please do get in contact with us now.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.