Experienced Business Development Director
Longitude, the leader in thought leadership and research, is looking to recruit a skilled, highly experienced and dedicated Business Development Manager to join its dynamic, fast-growing team.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-moving, dynamic agency environment and be comfortable handling a variety of clients, projects and topics? Do you excel at building rapport with top executives, typically senior marketing professionals at leading B2B organisations? If so, this role would be perfect for you! Having someone who has a hungry approach to opening up new and profitable relationships would be ideal.
The ideal candidate must have and be able to demonstrate a proven track-record of opening new business relationships with large technology companies globally (revenue from £500m+ upwards, typically our clients have revenues £1bn+). We are looking for someone with a minimum of 4 years sales experience with a proven track record of selling solutions to senior marketing & communication executives at large B2B organizations. Ideally with experience of content, research and/or media services.
The role requires building rapport up to C-level and have the ability to communicate Longitude’s offering quickly and effectively to senior influencers and key decision makers to identify and grow our business with some of the World’s biggest technology companies.
Outreach methods, including outbound-calling, face-to-face meetings and social settings are key parts of the role so having that proven track record is key.
Below are a few areas that you will be responsible but is not exhaustive:
Sales & Territory Management
• Implementing the sales strategy with a focus on generating new logo business across the technology sector (revenue from £500m+ upwards, typically our clients have revenues £1bn+).
• Identifying priority companies to target and prospective customers within these organizations.
• Developing relationships and driving new business within the assigned sales territory.
• Managing the entire sales process for any given sales opportunity including but not limited to; contacting prospects, pitching our proposition, arranging meetings, writing proposals, negotiating fees and drawing up contracts.
Project Management & Internal Collaboration
• Collaborating with the rest of the team to ensure effective account management and client liaison—and helping ensure positive client feedback on projects, and thus repeat sales.
• Creating proposals, in collaboration with the editorial team, and pricing projects.
• Giving input on the development of our products and services, the pricing of our offering, marketing efforts, and other elements related to driving the growth of the business.
The Team at Longitude
You will be supported by a highly experienced team with editorial and research expertise, a proven suite of products and services, and the backing of one of the most respected brands in business. We offer a highly competitive salary and performance bonuses based on your ability to produce meetings and opportunities with qualified buyers. There is also a strong benefits package that includes private healthcare.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.