Design Intern (6-12 Month Contract, with potential to go permanent)
Job type: 6-12-month contract (with potential to go permanent).
Location: Currently remote/flexible working, but requires ability for ad hoc travel to central London, as/when feasible again.
Salary: Paid for Internship
Longitude is a B2B thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a Design Intern that enjoys working on collaborative creative projects.
This is a new role that will appeal to anyone who enjoys grappling with how to translate complex information into simple and compelling intuitive visual design. You will collaborate closely with our design team on artwork for social media graphics, infographics, report designs, data visualisation and a wide range of other content outputs. You’ll have an understanding of information design, but more importantly are passionate about designing great experiences tailored to brand, platform and audience. You will enjoy working closely with other designers across a range of clients and projects.
- Creating design outputs for both print and digital use.
- Have experience with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and InDesign primarily (Sketch, XD or Invision beneficial).
- Developing and maintaining design templates and materials as we build up a library of design assets.
- Structured and organised approach to design.
Skills and experience
- At least 2–3 years graphic design education or similar;
- Some experience in illustration and/or data visualisation;
- Strong organisational and collaboration skills;
- Excellent communication and typographical skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, whilst remaining adaptable;
- Experience with Illustrator and InDesign required (other programs, such as XD, beneficial);
- Independent and self-motivated;
- Ability to take ownership of projects and work at pace, eager to learn.
If this sounds like you, please get in contact with us now, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.