Content Writer & Editor (Permanent, Full-time)
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Agile working, largely from home but with ad hoc travel to central London
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Longitude, the Financial Times’ thought leadership business, is looking to recruit a skilled Content Writer & Editor, with experience of producing content across a wide range of formats and channels, to join our fast-growing team. An extensive induction and training programme is on offer, as well as exciting career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will focus on short-form content, covering new and evolving trends in business, economics, sustainability and technology. You will need to get to grips with complex issues, find stories in survey data and qualitative research, and write clearly and persuasively for a senior business audience. Experience of writing digital content, including an understanding of how to repurpose long-form content into a series of targeted digital assets, would be a significant advantage.
- Write thought leadership content – primarily short-form articles, blogs and digital assets – for some of the world’s most influential B2B brands.
- Attend client and expert briefings to understand the client’s thinking on key issues.
- Interview senior executives and opinion formers across a wide range of subject areas.
- Draw on survey data, desktop research and transcripts of qualitative interviews.
- Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to develop content that’s original and compelling.
- Manage time effectively, to meet tight deadlines.
Skills and experience
- At least three years’ content-writing experience
- Experience writing copy for digital assets, including infographics, scrolling websites and animation, etc., and liaising with designers and production teams
- Qualitative interview skills
- Desktop research
- Interest in, and experience of, working with audio and/or video content would be useful, but is not essential
- Understanding of and ability to analyse survey data
- Understanding of key trends in business, economics and technology
- Organised, detail-orientated, self directed, highly energetic, professional and adaptable.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.