Content Writer & Editor (Permanent, Full-time)
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Currently remote/flexible working, but requires ability for ad hoc travel to central London, as/when feasible again
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
Longitude is a thought leadership specialist that is part of the Financial Times Group. We are looking to recruit a skilled, passionate and resourceful Content Writer & Editor to join our dynamic, fast-growing team. An extensive induction and training programme is on offer, as well as career progression opportunities.
The successful candidate will write engaging B2B content that covers new and evolving trends in business, economics, sustainability and technology. You need to be able to get to grips with complex issues, find new stories in survey data and qualitative research, and write clearly and persuasively for a senior business audience. Experience of writing digital content, including an understanding of how to repurpose long-form content into a series of targeted digital assets, would be a significant advantage. You will report to the Managing Editor.
- Write thought leadership content for some of the world’s most influential B2B brands.
- Attend client and expert briefings to understand the client’s thinking on key issues.
- Interview senior executives and opinion formers across a wide range of subject areas.
- Draw on survey data, desktop research and transcripts of qualitative interviews.
- Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to develop content that’s original and compelling.
- Manage time effectively, to meet tight deadlines.
Skills and experience:
- At least three years’ writing experience, covering short and long-form content (from blogs and articles to white papers)
- Experience writing copy for digital assets, including infographics, scrolling websites and animation, etc., and liaising with designers and production teams
- Ability to adapt writing style for different audiences.
- Qualitative interview skills
- Desktop research
- Understanding of and ability to analyse survey data
- Understanding of key trends in business, economics and technology
- Organised, detail-orientated, self directed, highly energetic, professional and adaptable.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.