Commercial Director, Technology Practice
Longitude is a market-leading agency delivering research, content and thought leadership services to our blue-chip clients around the world. The company is expanding rapidly, and has recently become part of the Financial Times Group. We are now looking for a talented sales leader to head up a team of business development executives and account managers selling to companies in the technology sector.
The Commercial Director for our Technology Practice will oversee the global growth of Longitude’s thought leadership business in the technology sector. You will recruit and manage a commercial team to help drive this growth, and this is likely to include the management of business development execs (junior and senior) as well as account managers. Your team will target growth in EMEA, North America and Asia and you will be willing to travel. Reporting to Longitude’s Chief Revenue Officer, you will lead the growth strategy for one of our largest and fastest-growing sectors.
We offer a competitive salary and performance bonuses commensurate with experience, and a strong benefits package to accompany this.
- Growing Tech Practice revenues within our existing client accounts, meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets as agreed in the strategy planning process
- Laying out a clear long-term strategy for growth, focusing our sales efforts and resources on the global markets and companies that are most suitable for accelerating our growth
- Driving revenues from clients and buyers internationally, making sales trips where necessary. This may also entail working with or hiring sales execs in key growth markets such as the US.
- Leading a mixed team of BD and Account Management executives of varying experience. Hiring, managing, coaching and developing these sales executives so they understand our products and offerings and develop the skills to succeed.
- Motivating and managing the performance of the team, including running appraisals
- Working closely with key colleagues in production to develop solutions that meet the client’s brief and represent good profitable business for Longitude
- Representing Longitude in key commercial discussions and partnerships, in the UK and internationally
- Working on the bigger proposals and opportunities, and leading client pitches and presentations
- Delegating opportunities effectively and working with your team to ensure they have the right process and approach to meet their goals and targets
- Promoting good sales process and practices for BD and account-management style selling
- Providing an appropriate level of communication, reporting and trend analysis to your manager and the executive team
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong track record of delivering revenue growth, exceeding quarterly and annual targets
- Excellent skills in sales management: motivating, managing and developing your people to achieve their full potential
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to represent the firm at the highest level, in pitches and commercial workshops.
- The ability to plan commercial strategy, presenting and reporting on progress on this to the CRO and executive team
- The ability to advise clients on solutions and approaches to meet their marketing objectives
- Have experience of developing bespoke proposals and solutions for clients
- A rigorous sales process and strong sales pipeline management, using CRM tools (Salesforce experience is an advantage)
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- An interest in content marketing or thought leadership
- First class communicator, verbally and in writing
- Strong team player with the ability to coordinate team efforts around the clients’ goals
The benefits we offer include:
- Competitive salaries and a performance-based bonus scheme
- A generous benefits package, including a contributory company pension, a private healthcare scheme, interest-free travel loans and two bonus days off for life events
- Access to a range of on-site services, including showers for cyclists
- Free fruit, snacks, posh tea, Nespresso coffee and other goodies, ordered every week.
Longitude is located right in the heart of London – two minutes from Holborn tube station.
Please note – Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.